The Kingsport City Schools Communications Department serves as a liaison between the community and the school district through internal and external communications, media relations, special events, a radio station (WSCK 90.3 FM), and an online presence via our website and social media channels.
About Kingsport City Schools
Kingsport City Schools (KCS) is a public school district located in Kingsport, Tenn., serving students in Sullivan and Hawkins county. The district is comprised of 13 schools, including a Pre-K, eight elementary schools, two middle schools, one high school, a high school program of choice, and an alternative learning program; with total enrollment over 7,600 students. The vision of Kingsport City Schools is to Inspire. Cultivate. Impact.
The following are official accounts of Kingsport City Schools.
- KCS Annual Report
- KCS Employee Handbook
- KCS Policy Manual
- KCS Procedures Manual
- KCS Strategic Plan Data Dashboard
- KCS Student Handbook
- KCS BOE Meeting Notes (bi-weekly)
- KCS Employee Newsletter (monthly)
Special Projects and programs
For Parents & Community Members
KCS faculty and staff as well as parents, are welcome to submit school news items and events by clicking here
schoolmessenger automated phone system opt-in
KCS uses SchoolMessenger phone calls, texts, and emails regarding school or district information, emergencies, and weather related closures. In most instances, the automated phone call is only sent to the home phone on file for the student. In emergency situations the automated phone call is sent to all phone numbers on file for each parent/guardian of the student. During student enrollment, the parent/guardian must indicate if KCS can send automated phone calls and/or text messages to the phone number(s) on file for the student being enrolled by selecting "yes" or "no". Contact your child's school to ensure you have opted in.
KCS offers tours of our facilities for prospective parents, community groups, and others. To schedule a tour, please call (423) 378.2130.
For Faculty & Staff
how we can assist you
- Provide help when a reporter calls
- Contact the media on your behalf
- Event planning and facilitation
- Promote your school event or make an announcement
- Provide media support and coordination for your event
- Provide photography
- Provide post-event promotional assistance
- Policy Manual, Procedures Manual and Student/Employee Handbook support
- Crisis Management
- Flyer Control and Distribution
- Form creation and updates
- Survey development/writing and reporting
Websites, Social Media and Design Work
- KCS Identity Toolkit and KCS Logos
- School-level Logos
- Assistance with school websites and social media
- Assistance with the Employee Intranet
- School promotional items selection assistance
- Logo creation