What we are hoping to accomplish.
- The mission of Kingsport City Schools is to provide all students with a world-class and student-focused education that ensures college and career readiness.
Our desired future.
- Student Focused ... World Class
What we believe.
- Exemplary student learning
- Guaranteed and viable curriculum
- Collaborative professional learning communities
- Engaging families and the community
- Data-driven decisions for continuous improvement
- Culture of shared leadership
What we strive to achieve.
- Goal One: Deliver world-class curriculum and instruction.
- Goal Two: Provide committed and innovative educators.
- Goal Three: Furnish safe, appropriate, and well-maintained facilities that support teaching and learning.
- Goal Four: Ensure business operations effectively support teaching and learning.
- Goal Five: Engage families and the community.
Who we are.
- Promote and support exemplary leadership through programming and succession planning.
- Offer a rigorous, comprehensive, and engaging curriculum.
- Engage students in learning through the use of transformative tools and innovative instructional practices.
- Provide personalized professional learning opportunities for all employees.
- Actively engage and serve our families and community.
- Support and sustain the organization with a performance improvement system.
What we do.
- Plan, teach, assess, and evaluate to inform instructional practices through the use of the 4 critical questions.
- Incorporate problem-solving and innovation in teaching and learning.
- Guide teaching and learning using internationally benchmarked standards.
- Seek to understand and engage our families and community.
- Recruit, retain, and develop highly competent educators.
- Build leadership capacity within our educational community.
4 CRITICAL QUESTIONS
How we plan for learning.
- What is it we expect our students to learn?
- How will we know when our students have learned it?
- How will we respond when our students do not learn?
- How do we respond when our students have mastered the content?