Student Registration for the 2017-2018 School Year
Please note that your child must be:
- Four (4) years of age on or before August 15, 2017 to enroll in Pre-K.
- Five (5) years of age on or before August 15, 2017 to enroll in Kindergarten.
New students are those who have never attended Kingsport City Schools or those who have moved away and did not complete the 2016-2017 school year with us.
Thank you for choosing Kingsport City Schools! Registration is open to all students residing in the City of Kingsport and to those students who have been granted tuition status. To register in Kingsport City Schools, the following items must be supplied by the registrant:
- Original birth certificate (not a mother’s copy)
- Child's social security card
- Up-to-date Tennessee Immunization Card with confirmation of medical examination
- Proof of residency verification (mortgage statement, formal rental lease, property tax receipt or most recent water/electric bill)
- All new students to Kingsport City Schools must have a physical.
The student registration form must be completed by the student's parent or legal guardian only.
To speak with a school representative regarding enrollment questions, call your child's school directly or call Kingsport City Schools Administration Support Center at (423) 378.2100.
Returning students are those who completed the 2016-2017 school year at Kingsport City Schools.
Returning Students with a PowerSchool Parent Portal Already Set Up:
- Login to your PowerSchool Parent Portal account, click on the InfoSnap Student Registration link on the left menu. Once you have all data verified and updated, please be sure to click Submit. Then, you will need to click Save and Log out located in the upper right hand corner on the screen.
- If you need any assistance with the process, please contact Sherrie Easterling at (423) 378.2149.
- PowerSchool Parent Log-In
Returning Students without a PowerSchool Parent Portal:
- Please contact your child's school to receive information for creating your PowerSchool Parent Portal account.
- Once you have the required information, visit the PowerSchool Parent Portal and follow instructions provided.
ZONING AND TUITION STATUS
Parents who would like to request their child attend a different city school outside the school zone their child is zoned for, must apply for a zoning exception.
Parents of students who are not legal residents of the City of Kingsport must submit a tuition application to attend a Kingsport City Schools.
To learn which school your child is zoned for, please visit Kingsport Street Directory or call Kingsport City Schools Administration Support Center at (423) 378.2100.
Parents or legal guardians must apply annually for their child’s tuition and zoning status, even if they attended Kingsport City Schools during the preceding school year.
Check back soon for the 2017-18 Zoning/Tuition Application.