The Kingsport City Schools Hall of Fame was created in 2015 to identify, honor, and recognize those individuals (teachers and non-teachers) that have made significant contributions to Kingsport City Schools and its students. A representative selection committee meets annually to review nominations and select that year's Hall of Fame class. Nomination applications are accepted from January 1 through May 1 for that year's class.
The Hall of Fame induction ceremony takes place in July.
Kingsport City Schools Hall of Fame Mission
- Honor and recognize those individuals (teachers and non-teachers) that have made significant contributions to Kingsport City Schools and its students.
- Celebrate the excellence of Kingsport City Schools and its employees.
- Preserve the history of Kingsport City Schools.
- Promote the positive values of Kingsport City Schools, its employees, and its students.
To be eligible for nomination, an individual (teachers and non-teachers) must meet the following criteria:
- Been regularly employed by KCS for a minimum of five (5) years
- Been retired from KCS for a minimum of five (5) years at the time of consideration (after leaving regular continual employment with KCS)
- Once nominated, an individual will remain under consideration for enshrinement for a period of five (5) years. If not elected to the HOF during the five year consideration, an individual may not be nominated for a period of two (2) years before again being eligible for nomination.
Up to two (2) members may be elected each year from the following categories:
- Legacy - *Retired 50 years or more from potential induction
- Tradition - *Retired 25 to 49 years from potential induction
- Modern Era - *Retired less than 25 years from potential induction
*"Retired" is defined as "no longer working in a continual paid capacity for Kingsport City Schools."
**An individuals "Retirement Year" is based on the initial year regular continual employment from KCS ended. In the case of dispute regarding the determination of an applicants "Retirement Year," a determination will be made through a majority vote of the Hall of Fame Selection Committee.
How to Apply
Complete all sections of the Nomination Application prior to submission. For a candidate to be considered, all information must be fully completed, along with a minimum of two (2) supporting letters of recommendation. The individual submitting an application on behalf of a nominated candidate is fully responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the nomination information. Additional supporting information may be submitted in support of a candidate's nomination.
- Nomination Applications will be accepted from January 1 through May 1 of each calendar year for that year's enshrinement class.
- Nomination Applications or supporting information submitted after the May 1 deadline will not be considered. All incomplete applications will be returned to submitting individual for additional information. No incomplete applications will be considered for enshrinement.
Option 1 - PDF Version:
Download and print. The KCS Hall of Fame Nomination Application PDF document can be found below. Submit application and supporting materials to:
KCS Hall of Fame
Attn: Dr. Andy True
400 Clinchfield Street, Suite 200
Kingsport, TN 37660
Please make sure that all submitted information clearly identifies the nominated candidate.
Please contact Dr. Andy True
, Assistant Superintendent - Administration
at (423) 378.2130
with questions or for more information regarding the Kingsport City Schools Hall of Fame.