NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE
2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR
TEACHING COACHING * CLASSIFIED
ELEMENTARY TEACHER JV CHEER, HIGH SCHOOL CUSTODIAN
MIDDLE SCHOOL TEACHER BUS DRIVER
HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER INSTRUCTIONAL ASSISTANTS
(*Those interested in coaching positions should submit applications for the High School Teacher Position
and email Larry Shively, Director of Athletics at email@example.com)
See below for further information on how to apply.
Application Process & Details
Thank you for your interest in employment with Kingsport City Schools (KCS).
application process details
All applications for a position with KCS are submitted on-line. Applicants must create an account in FastTrack (the on-line application system). You will automatically be connected to the FastTrack application system by accessing the links below to view positions.
Applicants should complete a "generic" teaching application at this time. Those positions are listed as "Elementary Teacher", "Middle School Teacher", "High School Teacher", and "SPED Teacher". Applicants may complete an application under any of these postings. Open teaching positions will be listed by school, content area and grade level as they become available. Applicants should watch the website for open positions to be posted by location and attach their application to all positions for which they would like to apply.
When completing an on-line application, current KCS employees
will need to use a personal email to create an account. If an employee has previously applied for a position using FastTrack, you will need to use the same login information from your original profile. Your "k12k" email cannot be used in the FastTrack system. If you have any difficulty in accessing or creating an account, please contact HR.
Applications will be kept on file for one year from the last time updated.
Three (3) completed references (non-family members) are required for consideration for a position with Kingsport City Schools. You can submit your application prior to references being returned for most positions other than substitute positions. At least three (3) references (non-family members) must be returned before any substitute position may be submitted.
The following applies to all k-12 teacher applicants - Teacher pre-screening required
All applicants for teaching positions must complete the following steps:
1. Fill out the on-line application on the Fast Track system through the KCS website (as described above).
2. Complete the on-line pre-hire assessment as part of the application process. Applications for teaching positions will not be considered until the hiring assessment is complete. Please use the link below to access the assessment.
*Re-testing is available each year after December 31st. If you choose, you may re-test after that date. KCS will retain the highest score.
- Once you access the link, you will go to "Apply" for a job and then "Sign Up" to create an account. Follow the steps to complete the account set up and you are ready to complete the assessment.
- You are given 90 minutes to complete the assessment, with an average completion time of 45-60 minutes. You cannot re-start the assessment once you begin, so please schedule your time accordingly.
- Please note that you do not need to attach a resume or provide any other "application" information in the TeacherMatch system. Applications and any attachments are viewed in the KCS application system listed under number 1 above.
Any applicants who previously participated in a screening with Kingsport City Schools will need to complete the new on-line hiring assessment to be considered for a position in 2018-2019. This will replace the in-person screening requirement previously in place.
Teachers currently employed with KCS do not have to complete the assessment if they would like to apply for an open position within the district.
If you need assistance with this process please contact Tabatha Graham, HR Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (423) 378-2116.
Review Positions & Apply Now!
Preview Open Positions
Create an Account
You will need to create an account with a username and password when you first begin. Only one account may be created per applicant. Please make note of the email address you use for this account.
In order to create an account, you need to do the following:
- Click on link above (Create an account)
- Click on View Current Job Openings
- Click on Search for Posted Positions (button in middle of screen)
- Click on Apply for Selected Position (button on right side of screen)
- Complete section New users please create a profile
Complete Your Application
Once your application is created, you will then be able to update your application and add attachments. You may exit the program at any time and return to edit information at your convenience.
However, ALWAYS SUBMIT TO HR (rather than "return to profile") or you will lose the ability to edit information. If you forget your username or password, please click on "forgot username/password" on the log-in screen.
Apply for Open Positions
Once you have completed your application, you may apply for any open position for which you are qualified. While logged-in, click on the "search current job openings" and select the job(s) for which you would like to apply.
You may contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com or visit our offices at 400 Clinchfield Street, Suite 200, Kingsport, TN. Department hours are Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. (closed on holidays).
Kingsport City Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age or disability in the admission or access to, and participation or employment in, its programs and activities.