The following procedure will govern how students, teachers, staff, and community members shall submit bus safety complaints.
- All complaints shall be submitted to the transportation supervisor.
- Complaints may be submitted in person, via phone, mail, or email.
- Written complaints shall be submitted on the form located on the district’s website. In the case of a complaint received via phone, the person receiving the phone call shall be responsible for filling out the form and submitting it to the Supervisor of Transportation.
The Supervisor of Transportation shall begin an investigation of all bus safety complaints within twenty-four (24) hours of receipt. Within forty-eight (48) hours of receipt of the initial complaint, the Supervisor of Transportation shall submit a preliminary report to the Superintendent of Schools. This report shall include:
- The time and date the complaint was received;
- The name of the bus driver;
- A copy or summary of the complaint; and
- Any prior complaints or disciplinary actions taken against the driver.
Within sixty (60) school days of receiving the initial complaint, the Supervisor of Transportation shall submit a final written report to the Superintendent of Schools that details the investigation’s findings as well as the action taken in response to the complaint.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE TRANSPORTATION COMPLAINT FORM