Student Registration for the 2020-2021 School Year
Now open! Click the 2020-2021 link under "New to KCS Students ONLY" on your right.
Please note that your child must be:
- Four (4) years of age on or before August 15, 2020 to enroll in Pre-K.
- Five (5) years of age on or before August 15, 2020 to enroll in Kindergarten.
New students are those who have never attended Kingsport City Schools or those who have moved away and did not complete the 2019-2020 school year with us.
Thank you for choosing Kingsport City Schools! Registration is open to all students residing in the City of Kingsport and to those students who have been granted tuition status. To register in Kingsport City Schools, the following items must be supplied by the registrant:
- Original birth certificate (not a mother’s copy);
- Last four (4) digits of Social Security number (optional);
- Custodial documents (if applicable);
- Proof of up-to-date Tennessee Immunization with confirmation of medical examination;
- Proof of residency verification (mortgage statement, formal rental lease, property tax receipt or most recent water/electric bill);
- All new students to Kingsport City Schools must have a physical.
The student registration form must be completed by the student's parent or legal guardian only.
To speak with a school representative regarding enrollment questions, call your child's school directly or call Kingsport City Schools Administration Support Center at (423) 378.2100.
ZONING AND TUITION STATUS
The 2020-21 School Year Zoning/Tuition Application will be available until April 30, 2020.
Zoning Exception: Parents who would like to request their child attend a different city school outside the school zone for which their child is zoned for, must apply for a zoning exception.
Tuition Application: Parents of students who are not legal residents of the City of Kingsport must submit a tuition application to attend a Kingsport City Schools.
To learn which school your child is zoned for, please visit School Zones and Street Directory or call Kingsport City Schools Administration Support Center at (423) 378.2100.
Parents or legal guardians must apply annually for their child’s tuition and zoning status, even if they attended Kingsport City Schools during the preceding school year.
- Click here to submit your 2019-2020 school year zoning/tuition application.
- 2020-2021 Application: Click here to submit your 2020-2021 school year zoning/tuition application.