For the Upcoming 2023-2024 School Year
Please note that your child must be:
- Four (4) years of age on or before August 15, 2023 to enroll in Pre-K.
Pre-K Screening for the 2023-2024 school year was held on March 23, 2023. If your child is eligible for Pre-K and you need to have them screened, please call the Palmer Center.
Call the Palmer Center at (423) 378.2160 with questions and/or to reserve a screening time.
Parents/guardians must bring the following along with their child to be screened:
- Original Birth Certificate (recommended), mother's copy, or proof of birth;
- Last four (4) digits of Social Security number (optional);
- Custodial documents (if applicable);
- Proof of up-to-date Tennessee Immunization with confirmation of medical examination - you may contact the health department or local physician for assistance;
- Proof of Residency Verification (mortgage statement, formal rental lease, property tax receipt or most recent water/electric bill);
- Proof of Family Income for Pre-K only (income tax form [last year's 1040A,1040 or W-2], letters from the Dept. of Human Services verifying income, Food Stamp status number, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families/Families First/Transitional Families First case number, Pay Stubs, Child Support status verified, Unemployment Compensation, Supplemental Security Income verification or Employer Letter verifying pay).
For more information regarding Pre-K eligibility or screenings, call the Palmer Center
at (423) 378.2160.