Pre-K Student Screening for the 2018-2019 School Year
Please note that your child must be:
- Four (4) years of age on or before August 15, 2018 to enroll in Pre-K.
2018-19 School Year Student Registration will be available in mid-March 2018.
Kingsport City Schools will hold Pre-Kindergarten Screening (not registration) for the 2018-2019 school year on Thursday, April 5, 2018 between 8 a.m. - 4 p.m., located at the Kingsport Civic Auditorium, 1550 Ft. Henry Drive, Kingsport.
Parents/guardians must bring the following along with their child to be screened:
- Original Birth Certificate (not a mother’s copy);
- Child's Social Security Card;
- Proof of up-to-date Tennessee State Immunization with confirmation of medical examination;
- Proof of Residency Verification (mortgage statement, formal rental lease, property tax receipt or most recent water/electric bill);
- Proof of Family Income for Pre-K only (income tax form [last year's 1040A,1040 or W-2], letters from the Dept. of Human Services verifying income, Food Stamp status number, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families/Families First/Transitional Families First case number, Pay Stubs, Child Support status verified, Unemployment Compensation, Supplemental Security Income verification or Employer Letter verifying pay).
For more information regarding Pre-K eligibility or screenings, call the Palmer Center
at (423) 378.2160.