Kindergarten Student Registration for the 2020-21 School Year
Please note that your child must be:
- Five (5) years of age on or before August 15, 2020 to enroll in Kindergarten.
Kindergarten Registration (not screenings) for the 2020-2021 school year is on hold and the date is TBD due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
You do not need to bring your child to Kindergarten Registration.
Kindergarten Screening will vary by each elementary school. A screening time will be selected by your child's school for you and your child to attend together.
Parents/guardians must bring the following to registration:
- Original Birth Certificate (not a mother’s copy);
- Last four (4) digits of Social Security number (optional);
- Custodial documents (if applicable);
- Proof of up-to-date Tennessee State Immunization with confirmation of medical examination;
- Proof of Residency Verification (mortgage statement, formal rental lease, property tax receipt or most recent water/electric bill).
The student enrollment form must be completed by the student's parent or legal guardian only.
Take note, all new students to Kingsport City Schools must have a physical.
Children will not be allowed to attend school without providing the documentation listed above. To learn which school your child is zoned for, please visit Kingsport Street Directory
or call Kingsport City Schools Administration Support Center at (423) 378.2100.