For the 2022-23 School Year
Please note that your child must be:
- Five (5) years of age on or before August 15, 2022 to enroll in Kindergarten.
Kindergarten readiness information
Take a look at our Kingsport City Schools Kindergarten Readiness... Ready. Set. Go!
booklet by clicking here
Click here for information on how to register your child.
Kindergarten Screening will vary by each elementary school. A screening time will be selected by your child's school for you and your child to attend together.
Parents/guardians must bring the following to registration:
- Original Birth Certificate (recommended; not a mother’s copy) or proof of birth;
- Last four (4) digits of Social Security number (optional);
- Custodial documents (if applicable);
- Proof of up-to-date Tennessee Immunization with confirmation of medical examination (recommended) - you may contact the health department or local physician for assistance;
- Proof of Residency Verification (mortgage statement, formal rental lease, property tax receipt or most recent water/electric bill).
The student enrollment form must be completed by the student's parent or legal guardian only.
Take note, all new students to Kingsport City Schools must have a physical.
Children will not be allowed to attend school without providing the documentation listed above. To learn which school your child is zoned, please visit Kingsport Street Directory
or call Kingsport City Schools Administrative Support Center at (423) 378.2100.