CALL TO ORDER
The Pledge of Allegiance was led this evening by students from the Early Childhood Learning Center Preschool Class at the Palmer Center, Lexi Bishop and Piper Cook. Lexi, the daughter of Jessee and Ashley Bishop, is four years old. Piper is three years old and the daughter of Lafe and Heather Cook.
KCS Superintendent Dr. Lyle Ailshie presided over the election of the Board of Education President for the 2017-18 school year.
- The floor was opened for nominations, at which time Mrs. Susan Lodal was nominated by Mrs. Carrie Upshaw.
- Mrs. Lodal was elected Board President for the 2017-18 school year by a vote of 5-0.
- According to Board procedures, Mrs. Lodal then assumed leadership of the meeting and election proceedings, asking for nominations for Vice President.
- Dr. Karen Reed-Wright was nominated by Mr. Todd Golden to serve as Board Vice President for the 2017-18 school year.
- Dr. Reed-Wright was elected Board Vice President by a vote of 5-0.
Following the election of officers and in accordance with Board Policy, Mrs. Lodal read aloud the Boardsmanship Standards that guide the actions of the Board (Policy 1.1061).