Board President Mrs. Carrie Upshaw recognized D-B Senior Allison Glynn, who has earned a perfect score of 36 on the ACT assessment.
- Allison is the daughter of Theodore and Bethanie Glynn.
- On average, less than 0.1% of all students who take the ACT earn a perfect score.
- Consisting of tests in English, mathematics, reading, and science, the ACT is accepted by all major colleges in the United States as a measure of student readiness for the academic rigors of college.
- After graduation, Allison plans on majoring in Bio-molecular engineering at a yet-to-be-determined university.
Board Vice President Mr. Todd Golden recognized the D-B Competitive Marching Band and D-B Director of Bands Mr. Lafe Cook for winning the Class AAA national championship at the recent Bands of America Grand Nationals competition. Mr. Cook was joined by six D-B student musicians and drum majors in accepting the recognition.
- The band competed against the top 108 of over 20,000 marching bands in America at the event at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN on November 10, 2018.
- In addition to winning the overall Class AAA title, the band's show, titled "Rise Above," was awarded first place in Class AAA for both Outstanding Musical Performance and Outstanding General Effect.
- Overall, the D-B Band finished 10th against bands of all classes, reaching the competition's finals for the third time.
Board member Mr. Eric Hyche recognized the KCS School Nutrition Services department and staff for receiving perfect health inspection scores of 100 at every KCS school during the Fall semester.
- School Nutrition Services Director Mrs. Jennifer Walker was joined by several KCS cafeteria managers in accepting tonight's recognition.
- School cafeterias are inspected by Tennessee health inspectors twice each school year.
- Inspections are similar to those that take place in restaurants, with the purpose to identify deficiencies in food preparation and delivery safety. KCS cafeterias served an average of over 6,000 meals each day first semester, while achieving their perfect score.
- Mr. Hyche commented that the perfect scores represented the hard work of a dedicated staff that has an attention to detail and a commitment to doing things the right way.