The Kingsport City Schools Board of Education held a work session on Tuesday, July 23, 2019. Several key items were discussed, including:
- A report on the work being done across the district by the KCS Instructional Design Specialists; and
- An update on the KCS New Teacher Orientation taking place this week.
Detailed Work Session Notes
KCS Instructional Design Specialists Theresa Feliu, Shasta Perhne and Katie Salyer, along with Chief Academic Officer - Secondary Dr. Brian Cinnamon, provided an update the work being done to support teachers across the district.
- InDeS provide support and coaching to teachers in all KCS schools.
- This work supports the vision, strengths, and needs of each individual school.
- Key components of the work include literacy, coaching cycles, and new teacher work.
Click below to view this evening's full presentation.
Dr. Rhonda Stringham, KCS Assistant Superintendent - Instruction, provided an overview of district professional learning, including New Teacher Orientation, which began today.
- Incorporating a range of targeted learning, including best use of technology, is a priority for the district.
- New KCS teachers will take part in three days of activities as the launch of their support in the district.
To view the full New Teacher Orientation schedule, click below.
The next regular meeting of the Board of Education will be on Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 6 p.m. The meeting will take place in the Tennessee Room of the Administrative Support Center (400 Clinchfield Street).