Libby Russum, a Senior at Dobyns-Bennett, was recognized for obtaining All-State and All-American status as a swimmer.
- Libby finished in 2nd place and broke the D-B school record in the 100 Fly at the Tennessee Interscholastic Swim Coaches Association (TISCA) State Tournament on Feb. 11-12, 2022. Her performance also resulted in All-State and National All-American Top 100 swims status.
- She also came in 4th place in the 100 Free and received All-State status, as well as breaking the D-B school record.
- Libby also broke school records as a teammate on the 200 and 400 Free Relay teams.
- After graduation from D-B this spring, Libby has committed to swim at the University of Tennessee.
Zack Fleming, D-B Strength and Conditioning Coach, was named National High School Strength Coaches Association (NHSSCA) 2022 Tennessee High School Strength Coach of the Year, Region 1 Southeast.
- The award is given annually to a high school strength and conditioning coach in recognition for his or her coaching achievements and passion for the profession.
- Coach Fleming has been the strength and conditioning coach for Dobyns-Bennett since 2015. The program emphasizes developing the complete athlete for sport performance - Strength, Speed, Agility, Conditioning, Nutrition, Mindset, and Leadership.
- Coach Fleming has over 750 high school student-athletes on his roster and is a member of the NHSSCA Tennessee Advisory Board, has spoken at multiple strength and conditioning clinics, and has been a guest speaker on several podcasts.
Kennedy Elementary and Lincoln Elementary Schools have been named 2021-22 Gold Level Response to Instruction and Intervention for Behavior (RTI2-B) Model of Demonstration Schools by the Tennessee Behavior Supports Project (TBSP) at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.